Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Grey or Brown Facial Hairs

When we were young we wanted beards.
Aye, I remember shaving in the first grade,
Father's razor caressing my Adam's apple to be;
In hopes that thicker hair might overtake a sparse fuzz.

Then might I, maybe, possess the fruit of Eve.

I will have hair on my face. stomach. chest. and back.
That's what a man has. Hair, muscle and an honest wage.
I will have hair, money and body mass abundantly.
That's all I wanted at that age.

Now I am older, not oldest nor old,
Just more then I was in those days before.
I still want a beard, though I've no want of money,
I just wish I had a less hairy body.

Then might I, maybe, taste the fruit of Mother Eve.

I am old, and I have a two foot beard
Growing out of my chin and straight down to my gut.
Ive had it since I was older then older, but younger then old...
I don't want this beard anymore.

When I was younger then older, but not quite that young,
I held a fruit of eve that I plucked with my hulking frame's giant hands.
We sat nestled in the shade of money that my beard and body built.
We summoned children forth from her womb with our love.

Then did I, most definitely, possess the sweetest fruits of Eve.

Now I am oldest, more ancient then old,
Both I and my fruit have beards and body mass abundantly.
She wants not the fruit of Adam,
Neither do I desire these fruits of eve.

My body is still fit from years of hard labor,
My retirement is now paying off bills.
I have a beard, a body, a wife and some money,
But I wish for none of these.

I have tasted the fruit of eve, and spat it out.

I have tasted the fruit of the land, and ate reluctantly.

I have tasted of aging and thoughts, and I wish release.

All I wanted as a child is all I will hate in my old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment